Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Encouragement for Today


No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.” 1 Corinthians 10:13


Oh how great it is to know that the Lord works all things out for our good and His glory!

I read this verse today and was very encouraged. There are times when I allow this world to discourage me. Living a life completely sold out for serving the Lord isn't always peaches and sunshine. There are days when I get a bit frustrated because trials keep smashing into me left and right. In the midst of those trials there is always the temptation to just give up. Then ever so gently the Lord whispers to my heart “I am with you”. It is the most humbling experience when the Lord speaks directly to my heart. He is so very patient with me as I can be pretty hard headed and stubborn.

As I live my life by placing faith in the Lord to guide my every step I am encouraged to know that He is the Lover of my soul. He is the “knower of all things to which will come my way”. I love that at least one of us knows what is going on! How amazing it is that He loves us so much and knows us better than we know ourselves that He will always provide a way through the storm. Notice I said “through” and not “out of the storm”. I am learning that the storms of life are actually for my good. Who would have thought?

As we progress in our relationship with Christ, He molds us more and more into His image. That means that there are things that are attached to us that must be pruned and removed. This can be a painful process and I must admit there are times in which I fight and squirm a little through it like a little girl having the knots combed out of her hair!

It is good to know that the Lord won't allow us to be tempted passed what He knows we can handle, nor are we being tempted with anything new to mankind! Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 10:13 that the Lord “...will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.”!

Let us rejoice and praise the Lord for everything that He does is for our good and for His glory!

Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

2 comments:

nannykim said...

Good comment--makes me think of the hymn Jesus lover of my Soul, let me to thy bosom fly.

Sadie said...

Oh, Crystal! You don't know how much I needed to hear this today. Thank you so much for the encouragement.

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon