Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Chicken Pot Pie





Tonight was an “experiment” night in making a chicken pot pie. I received many good recipes from friends. I took bits and pieces from every recipe and made my own recipe!









9.5 IN Deep Dish Pie Pan

Pre-made Pie Crust

2 Chicken Breasts

3 small potatoes (pealed and cut into small cubes)

2 stalks of celery (chopped)

1 small onion (chopped)

½ teaspoon of minced garlic

two hand fulls of shredded carrots

Big can of Cream of Mushroom Soup ( I used the Walmart brand)

thyme

rosemary

parsley

salt pepper

Half and Half (about ¼ cup to make the sauce more creamy)


Preheat oven to 350°F and place the first pie crust in the bottom of the pan...set aside for a few minutes.

I chopped all the ingredients that needed to be chopped first. Then I cut the two chicken breasts into slices.

In a pan saute chopped onion and garlic and add chicken slices. Let cook on Medium heat and shred chicken with two forks as it cooks. Once the chicken is cooked and shredded add celery, carrots, potatoes, and seasoning. Mix well. Add Can of mushroom soup and half and half and cook until the mixture begins to bubble. During this process put the pan with the pie crust into the oven for 5 minutes and then remove. Once removed place the chicken mixture in the pie pan and cover with the second pie crust. I cut the pattern in the pie crust before placing it on top of the pie.
I placed the pie crust on a sheet of wax paper and used a knife to cut out the heart...very easy to do!
Put the pie into the oven for about 30 minutes or until the crust is golden.
Let stand for about 5-10 minutes and then eat eat eat!!!!


This was very very simple to do and my husband loved it!
Enjoy!

Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

2 comments:

nannykim said...

Cant remember if you have read the Mitford series, but when reading it my husband had to have some Chicken pot pie--since she is always mentioning it!! Such a nice Fall and Winter recipe!! I wanted to share a country music video on youtube with you--it is about Christ's death for us and it is very moving--if you cannot click on it here you can go to my blog and click on it there. God bless : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NaSROohLzs

Sadie said...

Yummy! I like the idea of putting potatoes in it and the onions. Bet it tasted delicious!

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon